90 years of experience, 535 specialists, scientists and researchers, 16 testing and calibration laboratories accredited in the Polish Centre for Accreditation, and the only in Europe experimental mine, is a potential, which enables to make the most ambitious research projects, giving at the same time the guarantee of their reliable and high efficiency in their deployment and commercialization.
The Institute continuously improves its structure and organization as well as adjusts the incurred research topics to the needs of the economy. It cooperates with many national and international industrial organisations, universities, institutes, and research and development units both through joint-research projects and the export of services and technologies.
The Institute is a founding member of the European Network of Environmental Research Organizations ENERO and of the Global Carbon Capture and Storage Institute (GCCSI), a member of the World Mining Congress (WMC), the International Bureau of Strata Mechanics (IBSM) and of such organizations as OIPEEC (International Organization for the Study of the Endurance of Ropes) and IMWA (International Mine Water Association).
The market linked to the activities of the Institute:
- Mining and geoengineering,
- environmental engineering,
- industrial safety,
- material engineering,
- power engineering,
- building & construction,
- waterworks and sewerage,
- certification and evaluation of products,
- radioactivity and ionizing radiation,
- commercial premises,
The Institute will establish a cooperation at national and international projects, including, among others:
- fundraising from national programmes, the European Union, grant institutions, industry financing sources,
- creating scientific and industrial consortia,
- conducting research for industry,
- conducting scientific and technical research,
- organization of scientific conferences,
- commercialization of research.
- industry: small, medium and large companies,
- the offices of the state and local government administration,
- scientific-research institutions,
The Central Mining Institute cooperates in the scientific and technical aspect at research projects and at the export of services and devices with many industrial organisations, universities, scientific institutes as well as with research-development units both on the national and international market.
For more information visit the Central Mining Institute website.
mgr inż. Mariusz Borek
phone: 32 259 26 21
mgr Mateusz Dulewski
phone: 32 259 27 75