According to the preliminary Polish Central Statistical Office data, in January-April 2016 value of Polish exports was by 4.2% higher on a yearly basis and amounted to EUR 60,171bn. In the same time imports increased by 1.3% to EUR 57,061bn, so the trade balance shaped at EUR 3,110bn.
Trade turnover between Poland and Norway increased by 1.1% yoy and amounted to EUR 1,288bn in January-April 2016. Polish exports increased by 9.0% to EUR 0,790bn, when imports decreased by 7.6% to EUR 0,558bn. As a result, trade balance improved to the level of EUR 0,232bn.
Among main trading groups with the biggest share in total exports:
- Vehicles, Spaceships, Vessels (share of 40.6%) – CN code XVII – exports value growth by 34.0% yoy,
- Base metals products (share of 13.2%) – CN code XV – drop by 16.5%,
- Mechanic and electric equipment, to recording and reception of sound (share of 10.3%) – CN code XVI – drop by 15.1% yoy.
Among main trading groups with the biggest share in total imports:
- Live animals; animal products (share of 49.2%) – CN code I – imports value growth by 30.9% yoy,
- Base metals products (share of 26.3%) – CN code XV – growth by 1.7% yoy.
- Vehicles, Spaceships, Vessels (share of 6.8%) – CN code XVII – drop by 36.9% yoy.