We invite you to take part in the unique 9th International Brown Coal Mining Congress in Bełchatów. It will be held in Bełchatów - Poland’s largest mining and power engineering centre, between 11 and 13 April 2016.
“BROWN COAL AS A SAFEGUARD OF ENERGY SECURITY”
On those days, Bełchatów will be the centre of lignite mining not only of Poland but of the world as a whole. It will become the place where people from the mining and power industry will integrate and build mutual relationships.
We believe that during the 9th International Brown Coal Mining Congress, issues will be tackled related to the major sector of the Polish mining industry that is lignite mining. Academics, experts and persons closely related to the mining industry will discuss subjects of importance for the economy, related to the future of the cheapest energy source that is brown coal, as a major factor in safeguarding Poland’s energy security.
We intend to include the following issues in the subject scope of the Congress:
- Lignite resources as a guarantee of energy security.
- Open-cast lignite mining – the time consuming investment in new deposits and mining areas.
- Poland as a country endowed with brown coal deposits, utilising its resources wisely and prudently.
- Maintaining the current level of lignite excavation and its prospective increase.
- Overcoming threats in mining activities.
- Environmental impact of opencast mines.
- European climate policy and the striving towards carbon emission reduction.
- Brown coal as an alternative to other primary energy sources in the world’s power industry of the present century.
- Lignite as a competitor to other energy sources.
- Modern carbon capture and storage (CCS) technologies.
- The European Emissions Trading System (ETS).
- Reclamation and revitalisation of mining areas.
- Continuous improvement of the efficiency of lignite fired power plants as a precondition for maintaining the competitiveness among energy producers in Poland and worldwide.
Papers with abstracts in Polish and English are accepted until January 15th, 2016. Organisers reserve the right to screen the papers submitted. Accepted papers will be included in Congress materials, provided that participation in the Congress has been registered and the participation fee has been paid.
PRESENTATION AND ADVERTISING OF COMPANIES
The organisers offer the following forms of presentation and publicity for your company during the Congress:
- company display (presentation of products, advertising materials, mock-ups etc.);
- presentation of the company in special promotional sessions during the conference;
- inclusion of a promotional paper and colour advertisement in the conference materials.
- sponsoring: Diamond, Gold, Silver, Bronze.
- Detailed principles for collaboration will be established individually and specified in the contract.
The congress fee shall be transferred to the organisers by 28.02.2016 or as per contract (applies to exhibitors).
The cost of participation in the Congress includes: congress materials, food, participation in two social events (feast, banquet) and amounts to PLN 2,000 + VAT or 600 EURO (for foreign participants). Congress participants will be accommodated in single or double hotel rooms.
Accommodation shall be booked and costs paid by the participants themselves. Details of the available hotel accommodation can be found on the REGISTRATION CARD.
Note: Cost of participation in the feast or in the banquet is PLN 600 per person (not applicable to Congress participants).
Completed registration cards shall be submitted by February 28, 2016 to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, fax.+48 44 737 44 56, or by mail:
Wacława Parolczyk; PGE GiEK S.A. Oddział Kopalnia Węgla Brunatnego BełchatówRogowiec, ul. Św. Barbary 3; 97-400 Bełchatów; add description „KONGRES"
- PGE Górnictwo i Energetyka Konwencjonalna S.A.
- PGE GiEK S.A. Bełchatów Lignite Mine Division
- SITG Bełchatów Branch Office